Exhaust tips.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

'89/'92Chevy/GMC

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Getting my exhaust put on my truck next week, and a looking at some tips. It will be a custom dual system so I will need two. I think I am going to go with the chrome 4 inch, but I am curious about the anodized ones. They are twice as expensive and being the muffler shop only carries green and blue I don't think it will go well with my black and red truck. However I am interested to hear anyones experience with them as I may do it on a different vehicle down the road.

Here are some pictures of the tips.

You must be registered for see images attach

Any help or input will be much appreciated.

96Z71ECSB

Old Gearhead
Reaction score
The only anodized tips I've ever seen were on imports. They were usually close to the color of the vehicle. But that's the extent of my experience with them.
Anodized tips look a little on the "rice" side to me, but, anything bigger than 3" tips looks that way to me. It's just this old farts opinion.

I actually like to hide the exhaust like the guy did in the following video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0GMTNG2lEyQ

I haven't done it to mine yet, but I eventually will get there.
This is mine right now:

Like I said, it's just this old farts opinion.

Last edited:

'89/'92Chevy/GMC

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I also really like the hidden exhaust, but more of an over the dif dump then what is in the video.

Your exhaust is nice the way it is IMO, and that is the style tip that I was actually hoping to get, but the place that I am having do it doesn't carry that type.

Now that you mention the ricer thing I have to agree, maybe not something I want to do anymore.

96Z71ECSB

Old Gearhead
Reaction score
Thanks. I like how they look too.
My exhaust originally ran strait out the back on either side of the hitch. The muffler shop used a set of 16" long, 3.5" diameter chrome tips.
It was that way for probably 8 years.
I changed them not too long ago.
I cut the pipe before they bent strait back and installed the Cherry Bomb 22" long, 3" diameter stainless tips (clamped on for now).
I will probably weld the tips on and leave it instead of going hidden.
I like the look.

SCOTTYINWV

si vis pacem, para bellum
Reaction score
Here are my current tips.

3.5"x18" black powder coated

I reused them off my old 86 Toyota.

I had previously installed 5" tips. I loved them, but kept breaking my hangers.

Some people hated them, others love them. My onl downfall was the hangers breaking. You can see the drivers side hanging low here.

'89/'92Chevy/GMC

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have always thought of 5 inch or bigger as a diesel exhaust. I am a little concerned that the 4 inch is going to be to large too, but I am going to give it a try and see what I think.

I really like the black powder coat SCOTTYINWV. How have those been holding up? If I ever black my truck out completely that is something that I will probably do.

Hunttman01

resident sh't starter
Reaction score
Y pipe after cats to make it a single... then the pipe off dad's duramax. Not sure if it's 4" or 5" I like the stock ish look of it

sent from the tractor cab

racer36

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
4" dumped between the leaf hanger and hitch