Exhaust Tips

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BackWoodsMN

Reaction score
I have a 97 k1500 350. Right now I am running 2 1/4 true duals with a thunder bolt cat on each side out to a 45* 3" rolled tip. I really hate the look of the rolled tip. Would changing the tips change my sound?

95Escahoe

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It wont change the exhaust note, Magnaflow makes nice tips if you still want to change it

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

93SierraWT

Greater Made Chevy
Reaction score
You wouldn't notice any difference in sound. I think a slant-cut tip looks the best when 45'd behind the tire.

BackWoodsMN

Reaction score
Yea I think I want to go with the Flowmaster slant cut. Possibly a 4" or 4.5". The back of my truck is pretty massive and the 3" rolled i have now looks like a golf ball shooter. If tips don't affect sound I think it would be okay to size match.

BackWoodsMN

Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Current setup. I'm really not liking the look. Can't really explain it.
It's a 3" Rolled Angle Cut 12" long. near the bottom on flo pros site.

heavychevy98

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You want a tip that'll change tone? I had a 77 F**d once and ran duels from the 460 back to a 4ft long 5in big truck exhaust tip that was neatly hidden under the bed. BAD idea. . . I thought it sounded great for the first 5 minutes, then it was just annoying. . . .