Exhaust recommendations...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1993GMCSierra

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
DOes no one read my posts on this site? like really? I just posted two companies for cats an two for mufflers that would give you your desired sound

I saw both, and have looked into/bookmarked both. Just wanting to see what else people chime in with, that's all. :D

Thank you for your suggestions. :)

Just because it's late, and I don't want to crawl under there again, what is the stock exhaust size, 2" ?

am92

Fightin' Texas Aggie
Reaction score
Like Blue95 said, magnaflow or thunderbolt cats are both good. And for a muffler I think a Magnaflow or a Thrush welded will give you the sound you're looking for. A 3" single system would be ideal or a 2.25-2.5" dual, but for duals you'd need 2 cats and 2 mufflers which would be more expensive

Blue95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I saw both, and have looked into/bookmarked both. Just wanting to see what else people chime in with, that's all. :D

Thank you for your suggestions. :)

Just because it's late, and I don't want to crawl under there again, what is the stock exhaust size, 2" ?

2.75" is factory, so 3" stuff is what you will want.

Wagonbacker9

One string banjo. Maybe 2
Reaction score
I will very likely never purchase another muffler that isn't a Hooker Aero-chamber. My buddy ran a single in dual out on his 4th gen TA, I ran them in duals with an X pipe on my GTO, and I fully intend to pick up another 3" to run after my 5.3 swap. Absolutely love them. Good tone, and not obnoxious when you're light on the throttle, but they definitely wake up when you stomp on it.

Other than that I'd recommend you stick your vehicle into youtube with the word "exhaust" and listen to whatever pops up, hope that some of them have audio thats worth half a crap, and try to make a decision based on what you find.

1993GMCSierra

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Is there some adapter to make the 3" muffler work with a 2.75" exhaust? I was going to go the clamp route if possible, but if I went that route, I guess I'd have to have a shop weld it all.

Wagonbacker9

One string banjo. Maybe 2
Reaction score
Is there some adapter to make the 3" muffler work with a 2.75" exhaust? I was going to go the clamp route if possible, but if I went that route, I guess I'd have to have a shop weld it all.

Yep... its most commonly known as a "MIG welder". LOL

One of MANY products available for the applicaton you're requesting. I'm not endorsing this one... just for the sake of example.

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/WLK-41687/

Do yourself a favor.. get the band clamps, not the horseshoes, they make life a crap load easier when it comes time to take it all back off.

Blue95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I will very likely never purchase another muffler that isn't a Hooker Aero-chamber. My buddy ran a single in dual out on his 4th gen TA, I ran them in duals with an X pipe on my GTO, and I fully intend to pick up another 3" to run after my 5.3 swap. Absolutely love them. Good tone, and not obnoxious when you're light on the throttle, but they definitely wake up when you stomp on it.

Other than that I'd recommend you stick your vehicle into youtube with the word "exhaust" and listen to whatever pops up, hope that some of them have audio thats worth half a crap, and try to make a decision based on what you find.

I have one for sale if you want it, bought it and hated it, ran it maybe 500 miles, 3" in/out.