exhaust dump

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hipasschev94

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
ok i have a 93 k1500 ext cab, i need to re do the whole exhaust on it and what i wondering is if anyone has and way to bring duals, one on each side out in front of the rear tires like the older k5 blazers? i like the look and sound of that way much more than dumping them on the axle or out of the back. would i have to convert to a rear mounted tank like a tahoe or the last of the full size blazers?

19trax95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The passenger side is easy. I have mine exiting there. The drivers side may be a issue due to the gas tank as you said. I wouldn't want the exhaust running under the tank that's for sure. You could always get side pipes. That way the exhaust I'd out side the body the whole time. Not sure if you like that look or not.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 4

hipasschev94

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
ive come to the conclusion that im going to be converting it to a tahoe rear mounted tank so i can run the exhaust, im figuring why not its already going to be fabricated into a completely custom truck lol

VorTecxas

American Nightmare
Reaction score
ive come to the conclusion that im going to be converting it to a tahoe rear mounted tank so i can run the exhaust, im figuring why not its already going to be fabricated into a completely custom truck lol

That's my plan. I want the side exit before the tires too.

96Z71ECSB

Old Gearhead
Reaction score
Take a look at the possibility of running the exhaust outside the frame rails.

VorTecxas

American Nightmare
Reaction score
Ive considered that, but it would actually require the exhaust to come down from the manifolds (or headers), then bend back around to where the frame comes up before the lower control arm, and then go back down the framerail. Otherwise it looks stupid looping down under the frame, you can clearly see it from the side of the truck. Too many sharp bends for me.

bow61509

GMT400 Thug Life!!
Reaction score
I read a build once where they put a hole in the frame rail and boxed it in and ran the exhaust down the outside of the rails between the body and frame. It looked really good but his was also body dropped so it hid the exhaust pipe nicely

Sent from DAS DOOLAY!!!

VorTecxas

American Nightmare
Reaction score
That also crossed my mind, I think that might be my final decision, since the Suburban fuel tank hangs kind of low and is an eyesore. Plus, I have a bare frame to work with :gr_grin: