Ex cab crossover roof plastic

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wildbill0088

haulin' the east coast
Reaction score
Ok so the piece of plastic running across the back of the headliner in my 97 ex cab is sagging down in the middle. I've tried popping it back into place and it would not go and trying to pull it down the rest of the way felt like I was gonna break it. Any suggestions?

JAW's

B/W Country & Amer. R&R
Reaction score
There are little metal clips that are also clipped onto thin little plastic ribs on the back to the crossover piece. When I pulled mine down almost all of those plastic ribs broke. I would assume this is what happened to the center of yours.

I ended up super gluing the plastic pieces back together and they are still holding up

Just an idea :shrug:

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
To get that piece out, you have to remove the upright side pieces first. Otherwise, the plastic tabs on the ends of that roof panel that's sagging will break.

JAW's

B/W Country & Amer. R&R
Reaction score
To get that piece out, you have to remove the upright side pieces first. Otherwise, the plastic tabs on the ends of that roof panel that's sagging will break.

been there done that... I should have mentioned that as well. My bad.