Evap, egr, emissions delete?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sidestep

Reaction score
Here is my 91 k1500 5.7 TBI. Is it possible to make any extra power by removing any emissions systems? And I mean any power … a couple up would be fine I just want to clean up the bay. I plan on doing a full exhaust at some point so would I have to at some point? Don’t know much about these trucks/motors I only bought this about a month ago. Ps don’t care about losses is mpg. Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_2226.jpeg
    IMG_2226.jpeg
    311.8 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_2235.jpeg
    IMG_2235.jpeg
    368.3 KB · Views: 9

L31MaxExpress

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Will not increase power at all. Deleting the Evap IMO is just dumb, why do you want to smell fuel fumes when parked. I put an evap pressure sensor and canister vent valve on my 97 van after swapping to an 0411 because I got tired of smelling raw fuel escaping from the canister when I was parked in hot weather. EGR on a TBI does nothing at WOT. The canister is also in place on my 99 Tahoe and both G20 vans, all 3 are engine swapped. All the canister needs is a ported vacuum connection to greatly reduce the raw fuel smell that lingers around and inside when the truck is parked.