Escalade gauge cluster problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
i have the same and my speedo is off by 10mph and at highway speeds its off 15-20mph as well as my tach i hook a scan tool and see the rpms and the cluster shows a higher rpm than it actually is. Any ideas

jus10inbrla

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Just an update for anyone who responded to this message. I got the cluster broken down this morning. The plastic gears seeemed fine so i dialed odometer back and reseated connections. Alternator is currently out of my truck but plan on one day this week getting the new pulley in and taking it for a 20-30 mile ride to see if the problem followed to my truck and milage tracks or if it was tylers truck.

Attachments

• IMG_7256.jpeg
    IMG_7256.jpeg
    170.1 KB · Views: 3

jus10inbrla

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well. Back to sqyare one. Followed vehicle to mine. Took it for 9 mile drive. Tach, speedo, or odometer ever moved. Got to be something internally in the cluster. Only thing shared will be ground. Circuit 121 tach is its own wire. Circuit 824 vss its own. The (2) 39 power circuits that send voltage to everything else works. Anyone have a drawing of cluster or knows what else they share? I dont see any resistors for that circuit. Only the 25 gen / alt has one.

tybcr783

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Found it in a Yukon Denali at a local pic and pull, could the issues be on the rear contacts where it actually connects to the truck?