Error Code 32 with unknown vacuum line?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HighCaliber

Reaction score
So I've been battling with the infamous error code# 32.

I've spent hours checking fittings and finally decided to feel along every vacuum line under the hood. I finally found a line with a substantial hole in it and am wondering what exactly it does?

To my knowledge this line runs from the purge solenoid to under the intake. This is my first TBI vehicle so I'm not too familiar with how important or what this line does. It's only a couple inches long and soft rubber. Here is a picture.

I have a rough idle at around 550-600rpm with a cycling check engine light. I only get the light on my 25min highway commute to work. It ALWAYS happens at 14 or so miles or 15min into the trip.

It is the line dead center at 12 o'clock.

You must be registered for see images attach

So maybe I found my issue?

96Z71ECSB

Old Gearhead
Reaction score
DTC 32 points to an EGR malfunction. The rough idle is a clue for that. Check to see if it's stuck open at idle.

The line is for the canister purge solenoid. Replace the line because it looks like it's connected to manifold vacuum.
If it leaks, it usually causes a high idle. If it leaks bad enough, the truck may not idle at all.

HighCaliber

Reaction score
Ok cool. I definitely do NOT have a high idle...complete opposite. I am getting crap MPG too. Averaging 10mpg while granny driving (Keeping it under 2,000rpm) and 8mpg driving "normal". Everything is stock except led lighting.