error 45 "LOW AIR" 1989 350 tbi

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

giaguaro

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
i did a fast check with the clip in OBDI , and found the 45 error: low air, if i have the correct description.
What is involved? Air filter?
Thanks in advance

Drunkcanuk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i did a fast check with the clip in OBDI , and found the 45 error: low air, if i have the correct description.
What is involved? Air filter?
Thanks in advance
Code 45 means the O2 sensor is reading rich fuel.
You must be registered for see images attach

Drunkcanuk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Lol....I don't think it's that bad.
Download the repair manual for your year in the sticky at the top of this section. Then follow the troubleshooting for the code. You don't wanna just go replacing all the parts listed.
Something is setting the 02 sensor off, replacing it doesn't necessarily mean the code will go away or the problem is fixed.

Did you happen to fill the gas tank up to the top recently?

giaguaro

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lol....I don't think it's that bad.
Download the repair manual for your year in the sticky at the top of this section. Then follow the troubleshooting for the code. You don't wanna just go replacing all the parts listed.
Something is setting the 02 sensor off, replacing it doesn't necessarily mean the code will go away or the problem is fixed.

Did you happen to fill the gas tank up to the top recently?
No. I have also lpg so I usually run half tank

giaguaro

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
So it's running on propane?
Or does it have gasoline as well and you can switch back and forth?
I have both GPL (italian designation) which I think stands for liquid petroleum gas, and gasoline, which I can switch when i want. GPL tank stand in the spare wheel site and has a separate ECU and injectors (which I guess is a multipoint)

618 Syndicate

You won't...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have both GPL (italian designation) which I think stands for liquid petroleum gas, and gasoline, which I can switch when i want. GPL tank stand in the spare wheel site and has a separate ECU and injectors (which I guess is a multipoint)
GPL is the Italian designation for liquid propane gas, called LPG here.
@Pinger has a propane setup, maybe he can speak to this issue.

Pinger

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
GPL is the Italian designation for liquid propane gas, called LPG here.
@Pinger has a propane setup, maybe he can speak to this issue.
Not sure I can help much. My system is 'single point' which works like a carb and is independent of GM fuel system (useful for diagnostics) whereas the OP's is multi-point which is injectors given signals after reading the GM injector pulses and cribbing from them with corrections appropriate to the different fuel.
As ever with LPG where rich mixture is evident, worth checking that whatever system is not being used is completely shut down and not attempting to duplicate fuelling.
OP might try drilling down on the code to see if it is present when running either fuel - or only one of them.

giaguaro

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not sure I can help much. My system is 'single point' which works like a carb and is independent of GM fuel system (useful for diagnostics) whereas the OP's is multi-point which is injectors given signals after reading the GM injector pulses and cribbing from them with corrections appropriate to the different fuel.
As ever with LPG where rich mixture is evident, worth checking that whatever system is not being used is completely shut down and not attempting to duplicate fuelling.
OP might try drilling down on the code to see if it is present when running either fuel - or only one of them.
My lpg is totally indipendent from the factory computer and line