Engine jumping

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bigboom997

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don't really know how to explain it but at times when I press the gas the engine acts like it doesn't wanna accelerate and kind of stops giving power for a second. It accelerates, stops accelerating for a second, accelerates and stops again then accelerates in different orders. Anyone know what causes this?

SUBURBAN5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Check fuel pressure with a gauge. Look at the cap and rotor for defects or cracks, you could also use live data in a scanner to check it. Spark I would use the tool that connects to the plug and lights up or shows spark. Forgot the name

SUBURBAN5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Since your knock sensor been unplugged I would check all 8 plugs for fouling or oil deposits

Bigboom997

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Will do. Here's a video of what it's doing. You can hear it better if you plug your phone into a speaker.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

SUBURBAN5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I agree try new mid or high octane gas and fill it up see if it changes. If you havent also change the fuel filter helps drain some fuel if its bad