Engine dies but will restart

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Eveready

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
How long has it been since a fuel pump? A failing one can disguise as other things. Just a thought.

93stepside

Reaction score
Fuel Pump replaced about 1-2 years ago. IAC has been replaced, but I am starting to wonder about quality of parts I 've been getting. BWD brands mostly. But switched and AC-Delco parts now. Could the IAC be a bad one from MFG. Could the ground issue cause problems for the Oil Pressure and the IAC at same time? These issues are really a bummer, love my old truck but it seems like every weekend something new causing a problem.

93stepside

Reaction score
New status,
Cleaned all grounds, installed a new one from the firewall to engine block and from the frame to the lug as well. Oil pressure gauge seems more stable now. But last nigh on way home from work, engine started to "surge at speed, this was after about 15-20 miles of driving. Engine RPM kept jumping up and was surging.
Anyone have any thoughts?

93stepside

Reaction score
Been awhile, but now I am back to working on truck. Found it is was the distributor (after market) that was causing the majority of issues. The heat would build up on the ICM and kill it. Replaced it with OEM factory unit and it work great.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
If you changed the IAC valve, has the throttle position sensor been replaced recently? Had to do both in my 99 5.7 vortec suburban within a week, both were probably the original ones. Just a hint....

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Yes the ignition module needs the heat proofing grease. Used to work in an auto parts store and you wouldn't believe how many people didn't use it the first time....no offense meant