eletrical problems

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tdean91491

Something about an OBS
Reaction score
Got the hvac one plugged in now, cant belive i missed that one. Still no tac or speedo.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

east302

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
PDF copies of most year service manuals can be downloaded here:

https://www.gmt400.com/threads/88-95-service-manuals.43575/

Volume 1 has the diagnosis for the speedometer and tach. Here are a few pages from it for a 1998. It sort of looks to point to a bad cluster, but running through the tables would help confirm. If you have a spare cluster, I’d try that. Or pull the old one, make sure the contacts are clean and reinstall. Maybe it’s just not seated well.

You must be registered for see images attach

Tdean91491

Something about an OBS
Reaction score
Tried 3 diffrent clusters and its the same for all three of them. Its a 96 not sure if its any diffrent or not.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Tdean91491

Something about an OBS
Reaction score
I know this is a super old post but after tracing and testing everything I read to test. I finally figured it out. C200 & another plug under the passenger side of the dash are exactly the same had them plugged up backwards.

Eveready

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
No matter how old the post is, it is really good for the OP to return to the thread and report how the problem was resolved. Those duplicate connectors represent a pit that another could easily fall into. Anyone reading this will know to put a at least a numbered tag on either side of any connector they disconnect. Thanks for the followup!

Last edited:

Tdean91491

Something about an OBS
Reaction score
No matter how old the post is, it is really good for the OP to return to the thread and report how the problem was resolved. Those duplicate connectors represent a pit that another could easily fall into. Anyone reading this will know to put a at least a numbered tag on either side of any connector they disconnect. Thanks for the followup!
Most defiantly. I should have payed more attention to the wire colors to. Hopefully it does help someone in the future.