Electrical Upgrade, Overkill...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Darkrider

Dexter
Reaction score
Naw man, either u can doit yerself or u can buy cables from a variety of places.

Have any links? I dont really have the tools to do it myself. Im looking to go to the same welding cable size as cableguy since I will be running lights and a winch on my rig.

Powered by Detroit Diesel

shelbyt.67

Weirdo
Reaction score
Have any links? I dont really have the tools to do it myself. Im looking to go to the same welding cable size as cableguy since I will be running lights and a winch on my rig.

Powered by Detroit Diesel

on my build thread is how I did it. ORielly's sells battery cables fer cheap. Up to 6'. Just measure out what lengths u need. I looked at a 5' length fer like $12 today. Battery cable size would be plenty big enough fer Winch n lights.

http://www.gmt400.com/forum/showthread.php?12725-Shelbys-Z71&p=277033&viewfull=1#post277033

Last edited:

Cablguy184

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
go to your local welding shop and get you about 20 feet of 0g / 1awg welding cable ...
precut your lengths you need and take them back to that welding shop andhave them install connectors for you ...
Maybe a little bit more expensive, but well worth it ... those welders KNOW how to install connectors really well ...
shrink boot your ends and install your new cables and your done !!!

My suggestion would be to install that second battery on the drivers side while you have everything torn apart ...

Darkrider

Dexter
Reaction score
go to your local welding shop and get you about 20 feet of 0g / 1awg welding cable ...
precut your lengths you need and take them back to that welding shop andhave them install connectors for you ...
Maybe a little bit more expensive, but well worth it ... those welders KNOW how to install connectors really well ...
shrink boot your ends and install your new cables and your done !!!

My suggestion would be to install that second battery on the drivers side while you have everything torn apart ...

Thanks for the tips!I was thinking along the same lines both with dual batteries and having the ends done by the shop, now would I wire it like my diesel for connecting the second battery? Also what areas do I make the new leads for? Neg to chassis, neg to block and new pos to alt? Do I leave the existing neg and pos wires in place?