Electric windows and door lock question 1990 k1500.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Drew

Reaction score
Ok guys, here's a question for you. I have a 1990 k1500 4x4. I have a trashed driver side door and went to all salvage yards in my aria and the only door I could find was off a 1997 that would match. The door panels are are different so I got both sides so they would match on the inside. Here is the problem. The clips to the wiring harness do not match so I have to figure out how to wire the wires coming from the body to the clips that come off the newer doors to make the windows and door locks work. I can not find any diagrams for the two years that will tell me what wires I need to match up. Any help I can get would be awesome. Thanks.

magimerlin

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Easy way for wiring is to get a chiltons/haynes book. It has the wiring diagrams for both. Unless someone here can grab the wiring from alldata or similar for you.

If I remember right the door panels for the 97 will not fit with your style dash..something about not being able to close the door..remember reading something about it when someone was doing an interior swap.

The doors are physically the same. Why not take your stuff from the trashed 90 door shell and put it into the 97 shell.. would be alot easier on you...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk