Electric fans

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Scheidsride

Reaction score
I recently put electric fans in my 96z .. There dual fans out of a car but the umbrae' at the counter didn't know what the fans came out of.. The fans have a p/n on'em but i can't get it tracked or crossed .. P/n 24012465 .. There large. Dual 12"-14" fans.. Any thing would be helpful.. They put out some major air.. Also any advice for beefin' up the voltage.. I've got the heaviest duty alt and a big battery but when them fans kick on and the a/c and headlights are running it drops the gauge down to 11 or 12 ..-3 or -4 lines below 14 on the gauge..

daddy_dandy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
What size fuse are you running for the fans? Some fans pull some pretty serious amperage upon startup and you may need to use a 50 amp fuse. Make sure your relays are properly sized too. If it's still a problem after that, look into a DC controller that will slowly turn them on instead of going from 0 to 100% immediately.

Scheidsride

Reaction score
More on the e-fans

Well I thought I had got the 145 amp alternator but I was wrong.. I had ask for it but (Autozone) gave me the 105 .It's for my '03 but fits the '96... So I'll do that .. As for the e-fans they work great, a/c gets colder faster even setting in traffic with a/c on high it doesn't even come close to 210.. I put in a pre set thermostat it kicks the fans on at 185 an off at 165.. And they kick on an off with the a/c compressor.. After I put in the crate 350 it ran hot...alot... But with new hoses, radiator, waterpump and the electric fans it stays cool now.. Now if I can just get rid of the I.nsufF.icent S.uspension .. I got a 14bolt FF.. match it withthe only good thing ford did for the 4x4 environment .. The Dana 60.. That's what I'm settin the drive train up for. The 4l60e is beefed up.. Transfercase is about to be.. I've got the short shaft kit for it.. It shortens the tail shaft.. I've broke a few .. And a beefed up chain an internals..