E-Mail notifications.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Lextech

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Why does it take 5-7 days before I get an E-Mail notification for a thread I have subscribed to. I just this morning got a notification 12-29-13 for a thread reply that was posted on 12-22-13. This is not a sometimes thing. It happens for every notification that I get. We all have busy lives and I don't always get a chance to visit the forum every day and check every sub forum for thread replies. It is not very easy to be helpful to someone if it takes a week to get a notification.

Jeff

Tuck

Reaction score
I have the same problem too...I have my notification preferences set up correctly, I double and triple checked them and it still takes 5-7 days. And when it happens it happens all at once.

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I just turned my notifications completely off because they are virtually useless at this point.

Shaggy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
You can change when you get them to a week to a day. There are options for that. Its defaulted I think to a week.

poncho62

Old Fart
Reaction score
I get this on a number of forums I am one, not just this one....I figure its my email provider....Yahoo

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reaction score
You can change when you get them to a week to a day. There are options for that. Its defaulted I think to a week.

That's true but when it's broke regardless of what you have it on it doesn't matter. I had mine on "Instant" and still only got the notifications emailed to me about 3 days (or more) after the next reply to the thread. Therefore, I turned off the notifications to this forum. Not a huge deal for me and doesn't keep me from visiting. Just something to know so that it can be fixed :)

Shaggy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I bet its another bug from this version of vb. :(