Dual Exhaust Set Up Opinions?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

John Deere 4240

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
My cherry bomb vortec muffler is just a dual in/dual out chambered muffler. but my head pipes were set too far apart so i took a clamp and pushed them together so the would fit into the inlets. I welded it on there, I tried clamping it onto my head pipes first. I made it to the end of my drive way and launched real hard, only problem is between the pressure and the launch it blew off the muffler and the tail pipes... so i crept home and welded it onto the headpipes. That night sucked a big one...

adambru

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
On my truck I did 2 1/2" pipe from manifold to cats, into the duel flow master 44's then finished 3 inch tips, I noticed some gains in mpg and power. I agree with others that 3 inch is a little much for a stock 5.7 Imo

gnrl

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Agree with the stainless exhast. I used to rage when putting on a new exhaust every 1-2years. Brake lines are another ahole like that.

Last edited:

Vortec Lover

Behold the Beast
Reaction score
dual 3" might be popular, but not really the best option unless you are pumping a lot more horse. Whatever floats your boat, I'm sure it won't be detrimental to your engine or anything but not sure it'll help it either

BlK89EXLB

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've got the Headman LT, cheap-o, I know but I stripped and sanded them, painted them w/ 2500* coating, wrapped them in DEI header wrap and connected it to the 2.25" hooker header back true dual exhaust w/ two super comp mufflers, no cats ( weren't on there when I got it)

I've always found that the proper surface prep, and a quality high-temp coating will really help the life of steel exhaust.
You must be registered for see images attach
- in progress wrapping the headers..

dual exh. link - http://www.summitracing.com/parts/hok-16532hkr

phule

Back in a 400 again
Reaction score
Just to give you a heads up be prepared to elongated some of the bolt holes. Also get a set of Allen style header bolts when I put my Hedman's on one hole on the drivers side didn't line up with the head also I used the bolts that came with them and some can only be installed with open ended wrench. Also my drivers header hangs 1.5" lower than my pass so I needed a header extension s-bend to clear the trans crossmember

Sent from a wannabe ipad

GMstrong

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
the 3/4 trucks have 2 3/4.I had those big head pipes then i went down to 2 1/4 and it feels way better out of the hole.It sound way better as well.