Dual Exhaust Set Up Opinions?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

77Concours

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
My headers are completely shot and I plan on getting long tube Hooker headers (I might get the ceramic coated).

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/hok-2462hkr/overview/year/1995/make/chevrolet/model/k1500

I want to run a 3" exhaust like everyone else and I will run catalytic converters but if someone can suggest "performance" or gutted cats.

I'd like to incorporate these violator mufflers because they're extremely loud and I like the quality
http://www.pypesexhaust.com/mufflers.html#03

I'd just get 4" tips somewhere and I would have the exhaust tips underneath the rear bumpers

Is there any company that makes a full dual exhaust for our trucks? I'd prefer if it was stainless. If not, is it possible to have a custom dual exhaust made and would there be any noticeable power gains?

John Deere 4240

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Any exhaust shop should be able to set up dual exhaust on a truck. Only problem is that 3 inch pipe requires a mandrel bender and not all shops has one of those. Or you can do what i did and get a set of dual pipes for our trucks off of a GMT400 in a junk yard and weld it onto the cherry bomb vortec lol. Sounds like its gona be one kick a$$ set up.

77Concours

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Any exhaust shop should be able to set up dual exhaust on a truck. Only problem is that 3 inch pipe requires a mandrel bender and not all shops has one of those. Or you can do what i did and get a set of dual pipes for our trucks off of a GMT400 in a junk yard and weld it onto the cherry bomb vortec lol. Sounds like its gona be one kick a$$ set up.

Ok, my uncle had someone mandrel bend his on his NNBS Sierra. I don't have too many junkyards around here plus I want a stainless exhaust, not polished for shows but something that will hold up for a decent amount of time. I never half ass my exhaust systems. I have about $1,500 in my Nova's but I plan on having a little less or close to that in my truck.

LoudnLifted88

Small Block Grim Reaper
Reaction score
Can one of you guys post a link? I could only find a 2.5" but I'm looking for 3"

i didnt read the 3 inch part... vortec 350 3/4 tons come factory with 3 inch true dual pipes maybe you could pick some up at a junkyard and just replace the factory cats with high flows

aggieman

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
YOU honestly dont need 3" duals thats just way to large creates no back pressure imo

96-1500

Bluenoser
Reaction score
i didnt read the 3 inch part... vortec 350 3/4 tons come factory with 3 inch true dual pipes maybe you could pick some up at a junkyard and just replace the factory cats with high flows

x2. That's probably what I would do. FYI, at least on my truck, it was 3" into the muffler and 2.5" after, but whatever. Easy to cut that off.

YOU honestly dont need 3" duals thats just way to large creates no back pressure imo

Everybody and their dog does full 3" with great results.

77Concours

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Everybody and their dog does full 3" with great results.

I never understood how trucks can get away with 3" but muscle cars shouldn't have anything bigger than 2.5" unless they're making 500+ HP.

Looks like I'll have the pipes custom bent. Next question is, as for the mufflers it looks like I need the 409 Stainless with 3" offset off the list on the link. Is that correct?