DRL's

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jt1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
okay so i would like to delete my daytime running lights. so i pulled the fuse in the panel labled "DRL" and my lights are still on. which i really cant understand why because the circuit has been broken? anyways, ive also read that there is a relay under the dash which i cant seem to find. any info would help thanks

ps. its a 96 ecss 4x4, canadian truck.

great white

Retirement countdown!
Reaction score
Pull the resistor module out from under the center of the lower dash, or just unplug it. There's a youtube video on it if you search...

jt1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Here's one:
Just an FYI, you can be ticketed in Canada for no DRL on a truck after ( I think the year is ) 1995.

I've never heard of any one being ticketed, but the RCMP can burn you for it if they want....
yes i know, thanks for the heads up.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
Vernon's small enough that if you spend one or 2 winters there, you will know all the local cops! Play 'em in baseball, see them at the hockey rink with their kids, run into them at the grocery store. Once you know them, they'll usually don't harass you much over little things like DRL's not on.
It's the 'Dudley Do-Rights' that they drag into town for the summer shenanigans you have to worry about! All trying to get noticed & making a rep for themselves as 'Law Enforcement Officers'.

jt1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Vernon's small enough that if you spend one or 2 winters there, you will know all the local cops! Play 'em in baseball, see them at the hockey rink with their kids, run into them at the grocery store. Once you know them, they'll usually don't harass you much over little things like DRL's not on.
It's the 'Dudley Do-Rights' that they drag into town for the summer shenanigans you have to worry about! All trying to get noticed & making a rep for themselves as 'Law Enforcement Officers'.
or the new cop on the force haha

1997chevydriver

OBS MAGIC!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Very good chance you actually didn't pull 15 you probably pulled 9

You need to pull this one at the end of my finger 3rd row down 3rd row in

You must be registered for see images attach

jt1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
nope i had the correct one pulled. i had my dad double check and i was correct. i found the drl repay under the dash so ill just pull that out.