driveshaft

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

96k1500

Ballin on a budget
Reaction score
Ok so i could really use some help with this problem. Saturday night the back u-joint on my rear driveshaft dropped i went changed it and it was fine, went out Sunday and checked both u-joints again and made sure everything was good, then today on my way to work i dropped the u-joint i had just replaced, i checked the pinion yoke and straps because my dad said there should be a portion that stick up to keep the caps in and there is nothing. Both times one cap completely popped out of the yoke. Anybody got anyother ideas that would cause this issue?

96k1500

Ballin on a budget
Reaction score
No i only put them on 2 which is what ive done everytime ive changed them and never had issues before this

Problem2420

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
nope the guy i took my drive shaft too to get reblanced told me all four must be on. it makes sense now that i did it. becuase it holds the two in the yoke that look like there held in by the clip but they vibrate loose.

Problem2420

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
it bascially doesnt let them slide out. even though they look like they will do nothing.

96k1500

Ballin on a budget
Reaction score
Well im definately putting the clips in when i can get another u-joint

96k1500

Ballin on a budget
Reaction score
Changed the u-joint again, put all the clips on but kinda worried cause one of the caps i pushed in by hand

Problem2420

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
is the cap diameter the same as the old one? becuase alot of auto part stores have different sizes for this truck. i went back to orileys about 3 times when i lost mine

96k1500

Ballin on a budget
Reaction score
All of the caps were the right size except the one was just a hair smaller, typically they try giving me the u-joint that has two different size caps on it

Problem2420

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
they did that with me too. didnt realize till i kept putting it on and realized it still moved. i finally got one with all the same size caps though.