Driveshaft Question....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bigfoot9878

Reaction score
I have a 1997 ECSB C1500 with a NV3500 Trans. My bearing on the two piece drive shaft is going out. I don't really fell like messing with it.... So, Will a regular drive shaft from a Regular Cab Long Box fit?

94 cheyenne

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
as far as i know it wont at least it didnt for my 94 it has the 2 piece i dont remember why it wouldnt work i think it may have been an angle

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
driveshafts are a certain length and either one piece or two piece for a reason, a single driveshaft is too long for that truck and itll reach critical speed to quickly making it unsafe to drive.

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
My guess is that a ECSB shaft is a bit longer than a RCLB shaft. Otherwise I don't see the point in making another part number. Long driveshafts need to be larger diameter so they won't turn into jump ropes. If you find a single piece that actually fits, it will be safe, but you may not have clearance for suspension travel if it hits a crossmember, or something.

IOWNJUNK

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Changing the bearing will be much easier than trying to find another driveshaft that will replace it. Cheaper too.

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
Changing the bearing will be much easier than trying to find another driveshaft that will replace it. Cheaper too.

I'll go along with that. Probably blast and paint the original too, and still be in it for less work and uncertainty.

IOWNJUNK

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Can't blast mine, aluminum doesn't hold up well against a bead blaster. I think all the 2 piece shafts are steel tho.

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
Can't blast mine, aluminum doesn't hold up well against a bead blaster. I think all the 2 piece shafts are steel tho.

You have an aluminum 2 piece? First I've heard of that. It must be a Dana shaft. I wouldn't hesitate to blast aluminum with the right media. Given that it's aluminum, it may not be in bad shape. I was assuming a rusty steel driveshaft.

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
they dont make an aluminum 2 piece, itd be redundant. aluminum allows you to run a larger diameter with a longer single shaft, pointless to make a 2 piece out of one.