double din and climate controls?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

shortchevy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yeah I am not going to buy a kit either, I just want my finished product to look like that does.

yeah Im not spending $160+shipping for this... Im gonna take the opportunity to smooth the darker portion and paint in...gloss black?... yea gloss black, maybe semi-gloss

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Sound's similar to my plans except that my whole dash will be smoothed and painted shiney black.

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I hear you man, I know a guy that throw's a towel on his dash while he's on his way to show's for that same reason.

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Sound's similar to my plans except that my whole dash will be smoothed and painted shiney black.

That's going to be sik. I want to do it as well, but getting in and out of the truck dirty alot = not cool with painted dash.

ccreddell

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I went looking around and found a heater A/C control head from a 98-2001 or so Grand Am looks real close to our control heads but is more compact. i.e. the knobs are closer together. Looks like it will fit in the overhead console with minimal work. Ive got my console already, now Im searching for the control head. If that fits, and I can get it to control my system, thats the way Im going to go.

ccreddell

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I am working on mine too, simlar to above but with the ac control's in the palce of the pocket at the bottom.

Speaking of which; How do you get the CD player or the pocket out? I have a donor that has the pocket, and I have the CD player in mine and I cant get either of them to budge....

JollyGreen

Metalworking Madman
Reaction score
There should be a tab on each side of the CD player that has to be pushed down. Of course you have to remove the dash panel first, then it should slide right out. Mine's a 97 but it should be the same for the 96.