Door removal?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SouthBoston

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have a 92 Single cab, door simply have hinges, no electronics in door, and I was wondering if I simply tapped the hinge pins out or if there was another approach?

SouthBoston

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks for the advice truckin, time to replace the rockers....

Rewind

STEPSIDES ROCK!!!!
Reaction score
It'd be good to have a friend there to help you too. And like Trucking said, go ahead and put in new pins and bushings while your at it.

SouthBoston

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies, may go doors off for a while in the meantime :O

norad848

Reaction score
Is this procedure the same for all the 88-98 trucks? And how about the harness that goes to the door?

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
you simply pull the rubber boot or bellow back, and carefully pull the wires out to get to their plugins, unplug and then remove the pins.

I had mine off this past summer to paint the jambs and replace the door pins and bushings.

norad848

Reaction score
Cool, thanks. My passenger door got hit, so it's getting replaced. And while I'm in there, new pins and bushings.

Another question. Are the front doors on suburban/tahoes the same on the Sierra/silverado? I'm 99% sure they're the same, but I want to be 100%.

TUCSONDUDE

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
dont forget about the door spring. the $6 dollar door spring tool is worth it, even if mine said 1/2 inch when it needed a 13mm socket..,

I would also check the condition of your door striker, and the roller pin thing that props the door open.

2000CCSB

CrewCab Stalker
Reaction score
Yes the doors are the same for the tahoe suburban 1500 2500 3500, and gmc's just check your option. I.E, power windows

Crewcab Steve.