Door mounted speakers?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dayton1202

Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone has any tips for mounting speakers on the door instead of the dash. Or any tips on how to install them in the dash. Its a 1991 Sierra Single cab.

LordFinesse

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Basically cut out a hole in the door panel and screw em in thats what i did im going to make a nice bracket in the door behind the panel and put some of those threaded tabs in there to make removing em that much easier il post a pic when i get home

Half Assed

WINNERS NEVER LIFT
Reaction score
I did this on my 97, but I'm not as familiar with the 88-94 as I am with the 95-98.

I would remove the door panel, find a good spot to cut a hole in the door structure. Make sure to measure that the speaker magnet won't hit the window, window motors, lock rods, etc.
Then cut the holes and mount the speaker. Run some wire while the door panel is off.

bow61509

GMT400 Thug Life!!
Reaction score
if you wanna put them in the dash they take a 4x6 speaker. all ya gotta do it take the couple screws out on the speaker grilles pop em off and put in your new speakers and call it done. the speaker grilles do have some little tabs on them that break off easily. (so be careful) as far as the doors pretty sure it's just cutting a hole, running your wires, and screwing them in. of course you could get fancy and build custom pods for them out of fiberglass but.... too much work for me lol

Sent from my static android

dayton1202

Reaction score
Well as it turns out those tabs are already broken. Do you think using a speaker grill and then just putting a dash cover on top of it would affect the sound?

bow61509

GMT400 Thug Life!!
Reaction score
Well as it turns out those tabs are already broken. Do you think using a speaker grill and then just putting a dash cover on top of it would affect the sound?

nope.... if your talking about one of those carpet dash mats it might muffle the sound just a wee bit... I had one in my Camaro and it was fine... as far as the speaker grilles go my are both broken and I have them just sitting there and it doesn't cause any problems

Sent from my static android