Door Lock/Unlock Wiring

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

spinachrat

Reaction score
Man it's been so long. It was the wires coming from the door lock harness in the door. Whatever the color/function was. Sorry, I just don't remember.
Thanks for the response. I figured it out. I used GRY and TAN in the driver's foot well like. Those come directly from the actuator and cross over to the passenger side. The LT BLU and WHT are grounded when they are not pulsed by the door switch. That was causing it to short out.

Slammed94

Reaction score
Sorry to bring this up but I am having the same issue. Basically what I did was add power to my truck so the relays were wired for just actuator function. I completely redid the relays based on some videos and diagrams I've found so I believe those are correct, but I can't get the alarm to lock the locks and disarm the locks. I have both tan and grey and light blue and black/red. I have tested both wires and they will work with the OEM lock function but not the alarm function.

What I did was take each wire out of the connector then just used wires to go from the exposed wire to the relay, then back into the connector to act like it was cut. I wanted to test it before cutting anything. I have a Viper 5105V that has a simple door lock plug with blue (unlock) and green (lock) for each actuator. I have triple checked all of the connections and still no dice.

Any advice?

Attachments

• Photo Jan 21 2024, 4 45 26 PM.jpg
    Photo Jan 21 2024, 4 45 26 PM.jpg
    275.2 KB · Views: 13
  • Photo Jan 21 2024, 4 45 29 PM.jpg
    Photo Jan 21 2024, 4 45 29 PM.jpg
    343.7 KB · Views: 12
  • Photo Jan 21 2024, 12 55 45 PM.jpg
    Photo Jan 21 2024, 12 55 45 PM.jpg
    211.3 KB · Views: 12
Last edited: