Done and reading lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Joe Dirte

I'm an idiot!
Reaction score
Was about to put my newly recovered headliner in and realized I need to wire up my reading lights in the suburban OHC and dome light. Orange black and white wires. Just tested the OHC on a spare battery and white is ground for reading lights? Not 100% on the dome wiring as it has the same 3 wires. Im electronically retarded sometimes. Truck only has whitr n orange wire in roof. I know orange wire will go to factory orange wire. Do I just run the white wire to the factory white? What do i do with black wires on both? Tryin to get this done today. Thanks.

Last edited:

Joe Dirte

I'm an idiot!
Reaction score
Nevermind I figured it out. Now all 4 of my reading lights work separate from my dome. w00t w00t. May inatall LEDs this week in em to match rest of interior.

Last edited:

MrCobb93

Reaction score
Just seen this but I installed a mirror with the dual reading lights and when I installed it, I tied it to my dome light. Only problem is they only work when I scroll my dimmer switch up to turn on my dome. I understand I'm tied in to the hot after the switch and that's why but how can I connect to a constant hot? '93 K1500