Doesnt want to start.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nortex

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
My 99 has a leaking intake gasket and the cats have been gutted. Check engine light is on for cats till mt Bbp tune gets here. My truck turns over for way to long before starting. Could those be the issue?

galaxy s3

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Fuel pressure is always a great place to start troubleshooting, and especially in the case of small block Vortecs.

Richard

Big D

Atoadaso I f*kn Atoadaso
Reaction score
My 99 has a leaking intake gasket and the cats have been gutted. Check engine light is on for cats till mt Bbp tune gets here. My truck turns over for way to long before starting. Could those be the issue?

galaxy s3

If you have the stock spider injectors, good chance its on the way out. if you already have a leaking intake gasket, theres no better time to get them both replaced.

but like stated above checking fuel pressure is a great place to start.

Big D

Atoadaso I f*kn Atoadaso
Reaction score
make sure you get the MFI (Delphi or ACDelco) assembly, I think I see the old SCPI rebuilt setup being sold still and that is garbage.

If you gotta save some money for the swap, spray a little starter fluid down the intake through the breather tube. helps on the cold start ups.

nortex

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Should I replace it either way? Its a high part but if its a common failure
galaxy s3

Big D

Atoadaso I f*kn Atoadaso
Reaction score
spray it for now, but its eventually gonna get worst. the MFI setup is pricey and paying someone else to do it on top of it, can make it a small fortune.

people claim there truck runs better than new with the improved setup.

I'll find out next week, im gonna be putting mine in. and swapping out intake gaskets with the felpro ones, there made of better material than what originally came on the truck.

I wouldnt of known any of that, if it wasnt for this forum.

nortex

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have the money to replace it now so ill go ahead. Could you link me a part on rockauto?

galaxy s3