Discontinued Emissions Part for 454

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CTX-SLPR

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Howdy,

I need a replacement 12550930 emissions valve, they are discontinued and being CA I can't just bypass it.
You must be registered for see images attach

Anyone have one they are removing or if someone sees one in the scrap yard I'd love to have it. Mine sounds like it has a kazoo inside of it

SAATR

/\___/\___/\___/\___/\
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Have you tried to disassemble it and see if it could be cleaned or repaired? Looks like you may be able to open it up by gently spreading the fingers that hold the cap to the base.

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
What does it actually do? I wonder if you could adapt another part number.... or simply use a T? The hose splits there, to go to each bank, and each bank already has a check valve.

ZRoe

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I may have one that I am removing shortly, I do have some noise in my AIR system but I think it is from the pump not the valve.

CTX-SLPR

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I’ll see if there is something in there when I tear it down at Thanksgiving. Being as I can’t get a spare I’m really reluctant to try taking it apart. I’m especially reluctant since being in the exhaust part of the engine and plastic I’m sure it’s likely pretty brittle after 22yrs. I’ll be interested in a spare even if it means I can take one apart.

I’m not sure what it really does but it’s required to be there unfortunately.

Eveready

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Somebody with a 3D printer could make some money producing that part. How complicated could it be? Somebody needs to take one apart.

Yukon98

Reaction score
Looks like a vacuum actuated valve for your crank case gasses. There's probably a rubber diaphragm inside that's coming apart. Try to open it up and carefully repair it with some black rtv silicone.

run96k3500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Howdy,

I need a replacement 12550930 emissions valve, they are discontinued and being CA I can't just bypass it.

Anyone have one they are removing or if someone sees one in the scrap yard I'd love to have it. Mine sounds like it has a kazoo inside of it
why cant you just do an air pump delete? would anyone thats checking the emissions actually know?