DirtridinZ71 Budget SAS Build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dirtridinz71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
imo id make the top straight and match the grille.

I'm going to cut the stock bumper filler to fit in the center area, just did it this way to break up the lines somewhat and try to make it seem less bulky.

I hope to be able to start cutting metal tomorrow and get some things tacked together. Still need to figure out best way to get it mounted so I could possibly mount some recovery points onto it.

astewart1995

ImAwesome
Reaction score
can you explain what you had to do to make the 4x4 indicator light up? and why it wasnt working in the first place? i have a th400 and i guess because of that my reverse lights dont work, 4x4 indicator doesnt work, and my 4x4 actuator is hooked up to a switch on the dash that i have to flip and then switch the trans case into 4x4. or any ideas of how to fix all of that?

eric.s.t

Stroked
Reaction score
I havent really fallowed on this build, but it sure turned out awesome! Something about after market bumpers dont always look good... But your mock up, i like it!!!! Fits nice with the lines of the truck, and for some reason, ireally like the hole under the grille, like parentnoia said, id stick some nice LED light bars in there!

jps4jeep

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Bumper looks nice, I like it. one good reason for the center drop is if you ever plan on mounting a winch on the back, the detent would make it easier to access the free spool/engaged actuator.
Keep it up!

dirtridinz71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
can you explain what you had to do to make the 4x4 indicator light up? and why it wasnt working in the first place? i have a th400 and i guess because of that my reverse lights dont work, 4x4 indicator doesnt work, and my 4x4 actuator is hooked up to a switch on the dash that i have to flip and then switch the trans case into 4x4. or any ideas of how to fix all of that?

It wasnt working since there was no actuator plugged in, just had to get the signal back to the light by jumping the couple of wires. The trans should not cause the light to not work, if I was to guess your actuator is wired up direct from a 12v source to switch then to the actuator.

dirtridinz71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I got the bumper mostly tacked together but ran out of wire near the end. Tomorrow I hope to see how it fits on the truck and figure out best way to mount it.

You must be registered for see images attach