DirtridinZ71 Budget SAS Build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

88GMC

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I picked up Yukon 35 spline chromo shafts, super joints and a 14b Grizz locker for my build. Not installed yet but they are pretty beefy. I have a few buddies that run Yukon shafts, joints, lockers, etc on their Ultra 4 cars and I am impressed by what they take. Not indestructible but impressive none the less.

dirtridinz71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I haven't updated this in a while. Wheeled the truck a few times this summer, the front axle held up decent until in Sept when a u-joint failed destroying both inner and outer shafts.
You must be registered for see images attach

Some poser SAS flexin

Overall I love how the truck turned out, it still drives and handles down the road just as well as it did IFS once I got the alignment dialed in.
A couple weeks ago I ended up buying a 86 ford D60 front axle that I will be trading for a ford 78 HP d60 and ford 10.25 stirling rear axle. Plans are to swap in this winter and if money allows 5.13 gears and a locker up front (rear is welded)

Solid94

Chevy Ridin' High
Reaction score
You don't want a 14bolt? They have an article in the latest Petersen's off road about a sterling vs a 14bolt and they say the 14bolt is a better axle despite the sterling has bigger parts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahuskwulf