Diesel bumper

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nathaniel2g

Rusty Islander
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I found a near mint condition diesel smoothie bumper on an 88 6.5L. It was at my local junk yard. They want $45 for the complete assembly including brackets and the valence. The valence has what appears to be factory round foglights.

The truck also has an aftermarket tach and transmission temp guage.

Do you think its worth it to pull the bumper and pay the $45?

Thanks,
Nathan

PolarBear

BORKBORKBORKBORK
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I found a near mint condition diesel smoothie bumper on an 88 6.5L. It was at my local junk yard. They want $45 for the complete assembly including brackets and the valence. The valence has what appears to be factory round foglights.

The truck also has an aftermarket tach and transmission temp guage.

Do you think its worth it to pull the bumper and pay the $45?

Thanks,
Nathan

Yes, $45 is pretty fair. I've had a diesel bumper on every single one of my trucks i've owned.

Horns

Tiff's Wedding Crasher
Reaction score
$45 is a good deal for sure. Finding a factory original bumper is a much better option than ordering one from LMC.

Horns

Tiff's Wedding Crasher
Reaction score
Where can you even find diesel smoothie bumpers?

You can get aftermarket ones off of LMC truck and the like, but it usually takes a body shop to fit one. Many times they will come with a slight twist in them which needs taking care of before painting/mounting.

99'Subourbon

Longroof NOOA Member
Reaction score
You can get aftermarket ones off of LMC truck and the like, but it usually takes a body shop to fit one. Many times they will come with a slight twist in them which needs taking care of before painting/mounting.

Oh, that's awesome. Sell a product that doesn't even fit! LMC = Overpriced, Under quality.

Horns

Tiff's Wedding Crasher
Reaction score
Oh, that's awesome. Sell a product that doesn't even fit! LMC = Overpriced, Under quality.

I mean, it is what it is. China metal stampings are China metal stampings. The price reflects it. Most people should just be happy that they reproduce such a thing. Even if you've got to massage it to make it fit, it's better than not being able to find one at all.