Deceased American Legion member wife's truck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

movietvet

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Shhh...That's supposed 'our' secret!
Word gets out & all those rust-belters will be headed here with trailers in tow, buying up all our rust-free trucks & then loading the boxes full of rust-free 400 body panels before the trip home. I could see whole trailer loads of just frames alone headed east.
Best to just roll with the rest of the continent's pre-conceived notion that 'rust-free' & PNW don't go hand-n-hand.
I used to live in the rust belt of KC, Mo. and dealt with the salt roads rusted vehicles. Then I moved to Oregon 27 years ago. This is NIRVANA....No rust!

Aqua-pig

Reaction score
Was the “heavy half or light duty 2500” offered in a scsb configuration? I don’t think I’ve ever seen one, That’s factory anyway. Usually long boxes or extended cabs it seems.

99xcss4

frank'n (truburban) K-2500
Reaction score
I think all the 6 lug 2500s were regular cab long bed extended cab short bed and extended cab long bed

I am not 100% on this but I think you could get a f44 1500 that came with the sf 9.5 14 bolt and in addition to the cab and bed configurations above they could be had on regular cab short bed and or step side

Aqua-pig

Reaction score
15 years ago I spent top dollar on one of those rear ends and had to drive some distance for it. Now I’m seeing them in wrecking yards daily. One of the best things I’ve ever did to my pick up was ditch the 10 bolt for a sf 14.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
I used to live in the rust belt of KC, Mo. and dealt with the salt roads rusted vehicles. Then I moved to Oregon 27 years ago. This is NIRVANA....No rust!
Yup! Walk into the wreckers with a 1/2" & a 3/8" socket set, a T56, #2 phillips, pair o'pliers, a pry-bar, & have the ability to damn near disassemble a complete truck.
No BFH, no PB Blaster nor torches required.

Trio

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Is a 1991 with I think 175k miles on a 5.7. As you can see, it has a spray in bedliner. Is a PNW truck, so it has no rust.

Any interior pics? Everything work on it (AC, heat, lights, etc). Details when you have them, I may be a buyer.

movietvet

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score

Any interior pics? Everything work on it (AC, heat, lights, etc). Details when you have them, I may be a buyer.

At the moment, it is not for sale. Her husband just died. I was there to see her about her 2005 Tahoe for rear liftgate struts. I took the exterior pics while I could when there. I will be talking to her about selling and if she wants to sell, I will have a lot more pics and a complete rundown and post it all here.

I recommend bookmarking this thread and keep looking every now and then.

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
Was that repainted at some point? The blue looks non-stock, but I'm not sure the silver/grey is original either. Still nicer than many here.

I would not be afraid of that rusted cooling system at all.

Is that rust or moss/algae on the roof? I see bits of stuff growing in corners, so maybe the roof is covered? I've had stuff growing on my truck here in MI.

movietvet

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Was that repainted at some point? The blue looks non-stock, but I'm not sure the silver/grey is original either. Still nicer than many here.

I would not be afraid of that rusted cooling system at all.

Is that rust or moss/algae on the roof? I see bits of stuff growing in corners, so maybe the roof is covered? I've had stuff growing on my truck here in MI.
That's why I said I need to look closer at the roof. I doubt it is rust. It has the moss/algae on the upper edges of the side molding, just like my girl's 1990 K2500, in my pic. I wanted to be completely up front about the rust. I had done the recent radiator, water pump and thermostat. It also had a recent starter done. I will see it again soon and post info here.

movietvet

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score

Ok, I just talked to her. The a/c was working when she parked it last summer. The heater works. All lights work. The radio may work but the cassette does not work. She does not listen to the radio. The blue paint is refreshed and the original factory color. It came with a lighter silver color but she did not like silver so it was done as pewter. She said the top has been painted too and clear coated but did not last. That is surface rust on the roof but looks worse than what it is. My next time at her house I will get some better pics of roof and truck exterior and engine and interior.