Bought another truck my wife hates!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bratley75

Reaction score
Bought a 93 GMC Sierra a while back my wife said looked like an old grandpa truck. Well meet "PaPa"! She runs good, squeaks a fair bit, and drinks gas like it's a sorority girl on a Pumpkin Spice Latte.

It needs a little TLC but as of now it my only concern is it keeps blowing the fuse for the dash lights and tail lamps when the headlights are on. I've changed the switches (headlight and dimmer) and it seemed to fix it for a couple weeks. Now it's back to blowing fuses.
If you read this and have some input, like which ground to check first, I'd be more than appreciative.

Thank you and keep on truckin'..

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220208-151032_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20220208-151032_Facebook.jpg
    301.8 KB · Views: 21

Bratley75

Reaction score
Wow that's in nice shape! She thinks that looks like a grandpas truck? It looks stock. I expected it to be decked out with running boards, and other long out of date stuff (or never in date).
The first one I looked at had the aluminum running boards and matching headache rack. It was way more "grandpa" than this one. I picked this one up pretty cheap with 140,000 miles on it.

Erin

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Bought a 93 GMC Sierra a while back my wife said looked like an old grandpa truck. Well meet "PaPa"! She runs good, squeaks a fair bit, and drinks gas like it's a sorority girl on a Pumpkin Spice Latte.

It needs a little TLC but as of now it my only concern is it keeps blowing the fuse for the dash lights and tail lamps when the headlights are on. I've changed the switches (headlight and dimmer) and it seemed to fix it for a couple weeks. Now it's back to blowing fuses.
If you read this and have some input, like which ground to check first, I'd be more than appreciative.

Thank you and keep on truckin'..
I believe the ground for the headlights is near, maybe behind, the fuel vapor canister. The big ones are back of the block on passenger side, firewall, & frame on passenger. There’s one from battery to body front fender. The negative battery cable runs to front of block somewhere.