Dealings with installing Rough Country 4 inch lift spindles for your 2wd GMT400

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cjman250

Last Of A Dying Breed
Reaction score
First off i would like to say that this kit is not exactly as "bolt on" as it sounds. It required a lot more grinding than the instructions that came with it did. I had to grind off a corner on both dust shields in order for them to seat properly. I also had to grind the passenger side spindle in order to get the brake rotor to fit without coming in contact with the actual spindle.

If anyone wants to take on this project for their truck, i would have some air tools ready and replace your ball joints if they are original to your truck like mine are. The castle nut that holds the wheel bearings/rotor on is a 30mm and the castle nuts holding the spindle to the ball joints are a 27mm. DONT USE AN IMPACT WHILE UNBOLTING THE BALL JOINTS, you could ruin them. Other than the little problems i ran into, i am overall satisfied with how it turned out.

oohunter04oo

Like a Rock
Reaction score
I didn't have these issues. Only thing I had to grind off was the steering stops, and that's in the instructions.

21Actual

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I had to actually grind down on the spindle some because the rotor was making contact

I had the same thing on the right spindle. Just some slight casting flash. Die grinder took care of it no problem. I diddnt run into any issues with my install of the RC 4" lift.

cjman250

Last Of A Dying Breed
Reaction score
I had the same thing on the right spindle. Just some slight casting flash. Die grinder took care of it no problem. I diddnt run into any issues with my install of the RC 4" lift.
I did but everything on my truck was original except for tie rod ends