Day time running lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sumbitch

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
One of the first things I did to my truck. Although, I never pulled the fuse. :-/ I saw a link on youtube on how to remove DRL's (came across it while looking up how to remove headlamps). As far as I can tell, its a heatsink for whatever control circuit keeps them on all the time. Bend a few tabs, do some GFing (gorilla f*cking, meaning alot of twisting and pulling) and it should come out. better off just pulling the fuse though lol. I can't emphasize how much I hate DRL's.

When I drive out into the field to pick people up, or when I leave at 2 AM and I turn around in the driveway, I don't like blinding people! DRL is for grandpa
plus you can't have just your marker lights on... which looks awesome... with DRL your headlights are ALWAYS on you can't do that
PERFECTLY STATED! Nothing left out, nothing unnecessary.

JJZ71

OBS for life
Reaction score
WOW! Bigger debate than I thought would come of this thread :). I will pull the fuse. I am with Charles on this subject all the way. I want to be in control. Im smart enough to turn my lights on when they are needed. Thanks guys.

96k1500

Ballin on a budget
Reaction score
Something i learned in my blazer but dont know if its the same in a gmt400 if i turn the dome override off then on then off then on it overrides the drl, cant do it slow but not super fast either

Gatorboy

You can keep your import.
Reaction score
Something i learned in my blazer but dont know if its the same in a gmt400 if i turn the dome override off then on then off then on it overrides the drl, cant do it slow but not super fast either

I was just about to put this and you beat me to it :lol: I owned a '98 blazer for a while

Half Assed

WINNERS NEVER LIFT
Reaction score
I another that HATES Day Time Running lights. OMG, I can't stress how much I hate them haha. I'm sorry, but if you can't see a car coming without lights on, you have no business driving. But the main reason I hate them is I also ride motorcycles. When bikes started having lights on all the time it was great. Finally get seen sometimes. But now dang near all the fricking cars on the road have DRL's, and motorcycles are once again hidden. I see every time. People looking straight at me, but don't see me and pull right the heck out in front. Know why? All the dang DRL's!!! OMG I hate them lol. And even more, the stupid cars like the 02 Sonoma I had. DRL's are always on, but you use your blinker and your headlights then turn off, and then back on after blinker finishes, and now you have people thinking you're flashing your lights at them. Gawd, so stupid. Then I also had a ZR2 S10, and it had the little light switch on the left.... which did NOTHING! Pfft. Lights turned themselves on and off as they pleased based on what the sensor on the dash sees as light. Anyways, rant done. But I hate DRL's with a passion.

Have you ever looked at the wiring for the headlights with DRLs/ambient sensors on an S10? :lol: I thought the Germans over complicated things...gm royally over complicated the s10 headlights.

Gatorboy

Reaction score
It took me a little while to figure it out then one day i figured it out on accident while playing around

Lol I think that's how most people figure it out. Ever programmed a key fob for one of those rigs? An even more complicated mess of random button pushing to get the truck into "sync" mode.

96k1500

Ballin on a budget
Reaction score
Lol I think that's how most people figure it out. Ever programmed a key fob for one of those rigs? An even more complicated mess of random button pushing to get the truck into "sync" mode.

I dont have keyless haha, the po of the yukon said it is suppose to be set up for keyless but i dont have any remote or anything, gonna have to go thru the rpo codes and find out

Gatorboy

Reaction score
I dont have keyless haha, the po of the yukon said it is suppose to be set up for keyless but i dont have any remote or anything, gonna have to go thru the rpo codes and find out

My '95 has keyless. There are 2 pins on the obd1 connector you can jump to see if you have it or not, the doors will lock and unlock. Your '05 should definitely have it, I bet a PO lost the key fob

96k1500

Ballin on a budget
Reaction score
My '95 has keyless. There are 2 pins on the obd1 connector you can jump to see if you have it or not, the doors will lock and unlock. Your '05 should definitely have it, I bet a PO lost the key fob

The blazer has nothing power in it so no key fob