Day time running lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JJZ71

OBS for life
Reaction score
Can I pull a fuse to turn the day time running headlights off or is it more complicated than that? When I pulled the fuse in my Ford, it also ran heated mirrors and power antenna.

Vortec Lover

Behold the Beast
Reaction score
Can i ask why people are pulling them out? I like lights on a truck... Im putting DRL on my '90

I HATE DRL!!!!

If I want to turn the lights on I can do it myself.

There are times I want the lights off and when you have DRL that is not an option, the truck is running, the lights are on :nono:

When I drive out into the field to pick people up, or when I leave at 2 AM and I turn around in the driveway, I don't like blinding people! DRL is for grandpa :imo:

plus you can't have just your marker lights on... which looks awesome... with DRL your headlights are ALWAYS on you can't do that

eric.s.t

Stroked
Reaction score
I HATE DRL!!!!

If I want to turn the lights on I can do it myself.

There are times I want the lights off and when you have DRL that is not an option, the truck is running, the lights are on :nono:

When I drive out into the field to pick people up, or when I leave at 2 AM and I turn around in the driveway, I don't like blinding people! DRL is for grandpa :imo:

Never thought about the night time thing... But i like to have lights on...:shrug:

Gatorboy

You can keep your import.
Reaction score
Never thought about the night time thing... But i like to have lights on...:shrug:

Same here, it's a proven fact that oncoming drivers can see you almost twice as quick when lights are on during the day, meaning less chance of someone wrecking my beloved truck. Smart drivers use headlights at all times, unless of course you're at a drive in movie theater, you may piss someone off. I did see a guy put really bright white LED bulbs in place of one of the marker lights, which looked similar to running lights on a gmt800.

Vortec Lover

Behold the Beast
Reaction score
Same here, it's a proven fact that oncoming drivers can see you almost twice as quick when lights are on during the day, meaning less chance of someone wrecking my beloved truck.

As soon as I realize that I don't see other cars as soon as I should I pop my lights on.

eric.s.t

Stroked
Reaction score
Same here, it's a proven fact that oncoming drivers can see you almost twice as quick when lights are on during the day, meaning less chance of someone wrecking my beloved truck. Smart drivers use headlights at all times, unless of course you're at a drive in movie theater, you may piss someone off. I did see a guy put really bright white LED bulbs in place of one of the marker lights, which looked similar to running lights on a gmt800.

Im not looking at blinding people at night. I got some respect for people!! but people will always know im there, im going to have a 383 stroker with two magnaflows mufflers. So they'll hear me...:evillol:

Gatorboy

You can keep your import.
Reaction score
I do see where you're coming from with hating DRLs. I just hate when people don't use their lights. Especially when it's pouring rain at dusk and all of the sudden BAM there's a car there because you couldn't see them coming.

Old Goat Ninja

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Right behind you with Duct tape stretched out
I another that HATES Day Time Running lights. OMG, I can't stress how much I hate them haha. I'm sorry, but if you can't see a car coming without lights on, you have no business driving. But the main reason I hate them is I also ride motorcycles. When bikes started having lights on all the time it was great. Finally get seen sometimes. But now dang near all the fricking cars on the road have DRL's, and motorcycles are once again hidden. I see every time. People looking straight at me, but don't see me and pull right the heck out in front. Know why? All the dang DRL's!!! OMG I hate them lol. And even more, the stupid cars like the 02 Sonoma I had. DRL's are always on, but you use your blinker and your headlights then turn off, and then back on after blinker finishes, and now you have people thinking you're flashing your lights at them. Gawd, so stupid. Then I also had a ZR2 S10, and it had the little light switch on the left.... which did NOTHING! Pfft. Lights turned themselves on and off as they pleased based on what the sensor on the dash sees as light. Anyways, rant done. But I hate DRL's with a passion.