Dash Wiring Diagram

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Deathpunch0311

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have a 98 K1500 5.7. I am wondering if anyone on here has a complete wiring diagram of the entire dash wiring harness. I am chasing down a few shorts and trying to figure what goes to where. Thanks!!!!

Got to love chevys, fix one thing only for 3 more things to go wrong :Stupid Me:

Deathpunch0311

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
None of them are blowing now. Now whenever I turn on my headlights its causing my stereo and amp to cut out. So I am trying to figure what all wires they share.

RawbDidIt

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Does it happen when you turn on the dash illumination, but not the headlights?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

RawbDidIt

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Check the signal wire. I wonder if the PO spliced it into an illumination circuit instead of one that's constant on with ignition.

RawbDidIt

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yeah, if it's an after market stereo installed at the same time, he may have tapped into the same circuit for the head unit. Or he tapped into it for just the stereo, the lack of signal from the stereo might kill the amp signal. The amp signal wire is probably easier to trace, but if you pull the stereo and the wires are spliced instead of harnessed you may have your answer.

mariodave

Reaction score
Complete factory manuals are available online on CD and have all wiring and troubleshooting sections as well as engine,trans and chassis. Emmission control troubleshooting too. They are about 40 bucks and worth every penny.