Dash swap questions. 96-98

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ryan42901

Reaction score
When swapping from the 95-96 dash to the 97-98 dash, be absolutely sure to bring along the black plastic ductwork from the donor truck. It's just different enough to hose you. Also be sure to get the bracket to the firewall for the passenger airbag (or cubby hole if getting the dash from a 2500-3500.)

Richard
I'm a swaping 96 dash into a 98 silverado I'm having a wiring issue with fuel pump not turning on did you have a wiring issue when doing yours

KansasOBS

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'm a swaping 96 dash into a 98 silverado I'm having a wiring issue with fuel pump not turning on did you have a wiring issue when doing yours
I dont think anything fuel pump related even goes into the cab offhand. Have just recently put a whole 97 harness, and LS swap into a 98. Relay, oil pressure sender, or pcm related, only things I can think of there. Not sure how you swapped in a 96 dash cleanly, without putting the 98 dash harness into the 96 dash. I tried leaving some 98 bits in, but there wasn't really anything the same at any juncture. Different plugs, different layout. I mean there's a way for sure, but lotta hacking.

JOHNGAAA1

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If the dash is not cracked too bad. Cunningham machine makes a mending plate which goes over the bolt holes to re enforce the dash and you can paint them to match. 350k on mine with the repair, rock solid and a lot easier.

Ryan42901

Reaction score
I dont think anything fuel pump related even goes into the cab offhand. Have just recently put a whole 97 harness, and LS swap into a 98. Relay, oil pressure sender, or pcm related, only things I can think of there. Not sure how you swapped in a 96 dash cleanly, without putting the 98 dash harness into the 96 dash. I tried leaving some 98 bits in, but there wasn't really anything the same at any juncture. Different plugs, different layout. I mean there's a way for sure, but lotta hacking.
My 98 days was destroyed and the harness was melted before I got the truck

Attachments

• 20231005_175734.jpg
    20231005_175734.jpg
    459 KB · Views: 4