Dana 60 Super?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Crookedaxle

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I went to pick up what I thought was a deal too good to pass up, a 14bolt FF out of a 2003 3500 Express Van. It turns out when I got there it's a Dana 60. So I grab it up anyway thinking it will bolt up easy enough in my 1993 K2500, or I could resell it. Now the more I read up on it, it a bassturd rear end. 12 bolt cover and not many locker options unless I install custom (35 spline?) axles down the road. Well, if it is just a matter of moving the spring perches, shock mounts and making up some brake line and I imagine I'll have to do something with the drive shaft/universal joint, it's almost as easy as dropping in a newer 14bolt with disk brakes. So in my mind it just as economical to maybe have to spend a couple hundred bucks getting my driveshaft modified for a different universal joint because I paid next to nothing for this rear end. But....my question is, is this rear end as heavy duty/good as an equivalent 14 bolt of this era? I see the brakes are dual piston. I'd like to put an air locker in this thing some day down the road and from what I'm reading the only issue is getting different axles made up. So that will be the hit money wise down the road if I do that. What can anyone tell me about this thing?