Damn Tailgate!!!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

capricefrk013

Toy Hauler
Reaction score
Im running tailgate-less right now. The hinge on the left side rusted out and my gate dropped about 1/2 inch. I ordered all new hinges from LMC and went to put em on and the weld nut or whatever its called broke off. Now I need to get it in the air to do a nut and bolt deal to put it back together.

Happen to anyone else?

Reaction score
Hasn't happened yet but when I took my fifth wheel gate of to put my tailgate back on I noticed my drivers side hinge is almost gone. I checked with Autozone and they had none on the shelf, I did check the website and I can order one so that will be on the list of things to pickup. FYI-Autozones are made by doorman and are only availible online shipped to your house if anyone else needs to get some and they seem to be the cheapest price I could find shipped

silverado_06

Resident Canuck.
Reaction score
happened to me. i just welded the hinges in place. easy to do any you'll never have to worry about it again.

Kovey10

Reaction score
I don't won't to hijack this thread but I was wondering if a 91 tailgate will fit on a 96?