Dakota Digital VHX (88-94 gauges)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tommy1234

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Sorry if I'm gonna try and Spam this post but I need help with my freaking field gauge and speedometer

Brembo22

Reaction score
Sorry if I'm gonna try and Spam this post but I need help with my freaking field gauge and speedometer
Im on the same page currently trying to figure out how to get the fuel reading wired correctly with factory wires which is purple I plugged that into the “fuel send” but what to I do with the other connections one is a ground and the other is which? Is it for the black and grey wire that comes from the Sending unit?

Tommy1234

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Im on the same page currently trying to figure out how to get the fuel reading wired correctly with factory wires which is purple I plugged that into the “fuel send” but what to I do with the other connections one is a ground and the other is which? Is it for the black and grey wire that comes from the Sending unit?
Have to ask my buddy Joe who helped doing the wiring and look at my truck

jmc2008

Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Then connect the turn signals, high beam indicator, brake and fuel level sensor into correct holes on control box.

After that I connected the ground wires I need for control box to a solid ground under the dash. Then I hooked up my constant 12 volts and key 12 volts. Red wire on left is my constant 12 volts and red wire on right is my key 12 volts and that is plugged into the electrical box under the dash against the firewall on the driver side.

I then ran my SW1 & SW2 wires from control box back to gauge cluster along with the supplied CAT5 cable. (you will need longer cat 5 cable if you mount in glove box they only send 3ft cable) then mounted the new cluster into place. I hooked my tach wire up from my msd box and ran to tach port on control box, you could also hook up to the tan wire by the distributor that is connected to the factory harness.

DD supply's you with new two wire temp sensor and three wire oil pressure sensor and various plugs and couplings to make sure everything connects. They also supply with speed sensor but for me I used the two wire speed sensor that came wit my T56 and wired it into speed negative and speed sender, instructions say 2 wire sensor isn't polarity sensitive.

Turn the key on and see that all lights up and then turn key off and then follow rest of directions for gauge set up which has step by step directions and easy to follow and navigate thru menu on gauge cluster. So far I love the look of the gauges, my truck isn't running right now but it should be back in action in a little over a month. Will report back then will more info to whether or not they are worth all the money.
What color wires was your 2 vss?