CV boot tear/possible axle replacement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

oohunter04oo

Like a Rock
Reaction score
Those are the ones I'm running on my truck as I've only broken one and that was with 37" Boggers.

HIGH BOWTIE

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'm sure the ones I have are from the factory so these will be on my list to get soon especially If I get a itch for some mud I rather not have to worry about my cv axles

94Sierra4x4

All out OBS.
Reaction score
It is a lot easier, and way less of a mess to replace the entire axle assembly. Your going to have to remove the entire cv axle no matter what anyway, throw a new one in there regardless.

Also isn't there a way to test your CV axles longevity? Like how much the spline end sags? To tell how worn out it is/how much life is left in them (approximate, of course)

oohunter04oo

Like a Rock
Reaction score
Yep. Walked in there. I actually kept my receipt. Handed them the broken/covered in mud cv shaft and they gave me a brand new one. Waited a few day and returned the other one. Nothing was wrong with it but I told them it was making noise. I wanted two new ones.

House003

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yep. Walked in there. I actually kept my receipt. Handed them the broken/covered in mud cv shaft and they gave me a brand new one. Waited a few day and returned the other one. Nothing was wrong with it but I told them it was making noise. I wanted two new ones.

Haha nice

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score

taking advantage of their kindness :Nonono: LOL!!!