Cruise control is shot

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JJZ71

OBS for life
Reaction score
What usually causes the cruise to go out? Will not engage at all. All connectors are seated properly. Two of the screws folding the cover on snapped in half when I tried taking the motor cover off.

RHamill

Ryan
Reaction score
Seriously, Id like to know why all the sudden my resume button doesn't work.

sub'd for knowledge..

JJZ71

OBS for life
Reaction score
I have no control - Totally dead

Solid94

Chevy Ridin' High
Reaction score
mines the same as yours and i cant figure it out. i thought about getting the whole new lever to fix it. my switch also seized

JJZ71

OBS for life
Reaction score
Im thinking the issue is under the hood with mine but I'm not sure. My lever is working OK.

3quarter

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Cruise fuse most of the time..

other than that, the multi-function switch goes bad over years of use.. nothing you can really do about it

JJZ71

OBS for life
Reaction score
Cruise fuse most of the time..

other than that, the multi-function switch goes bad over years of use.. nothing you can really do about it

Is the switch replaceable? Where is it?

Aloicious

Hired Goon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
cruise fuse is sometimes the issue, it can also be the brake switch down on the brake pedal, the multifunction switch also goes out from time to time, you can replace them (at least in a 96+ you can, not sure about pre-96) but they're pretty expensive.