Crossbed Toolboxes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RyanMerrick

8 Lug
Reaction score

Rewind

STEPSIDES ROCK!!!!
Reaction score
All three of those are pretty good boxes. I have a Delta that I just got (free) but it's not low profile. I think low profile is the way to go for sure.

JollyGreen

Metalworking Madman
Reaction score
From experience you're better off getting a box with a push button open, not the handle style. The vast majority of toolboxes have the handles, and are a major POS. The rivets holding the handle on pull out over time. Overall the build quality of the latches is subpar. If you've got a dealer nearby go check out a weatherguard. You'll see what I mean.

Sent from Jolly Green's Droid

LoudnLifted88

Small Block Grim Reaper
Reaction score
they all look like nice boxes i personaly have a delta box and love it.... have you thought about buying a used box on craigslist i paid 50 bucks for my box and its a deep box

RyanMerrick

8 Lug
Reaction score
Thanks for the input, Craigslist is great but low profile boxes are rarely listed on there unfortunately

I would love to go with Weatherguard, especially since they are a local company here in the Chicago area. The downside is that a similar box from Weatherguard costs about 3 times more than the 3 I listed ($820 vs. $250-300).....I won't deny that the Weatherguard is higher quality though. It's just a bit too pricey for me.

94Sierra4x4

All out OBS.
Reaction score
My suggestion is to go for a double lid. Open from each side, no getting into the bed of your truck, to open the box.

Believe my pop's has a DeeZee on his 2010 Silverado, it's nice.
Mine's old, the rivets pulled out on the latches, I replaced rivets with screws.. no problems after that. Hydraulic arms gave out a while ago, replaced with an appropriate sized stick to prop the lid open when needed, lmao.

Rewind

STEPSIDES ROCK!!!!
Reaction score
UWS has always been my favorite.

I really like those too!!!!

Wetherguards are really nice to, with a really nice price tag to go along with them. IMHO not practical for the average Joe.

Wagonbacker9

One string banjo. Maybe 2
Reaction score
All three of those are pretty good boxes. I have a Delta that I just got (free) but it's not low profile. I think low profile is the way to go for sure.

I agree, if I didn't score a $700 box for 60, I woulda held out for a low profile.

I'm cheap so I just watched craigslist until I found something I liked. Theres so many out there you should be able to score a deal.

My suggestion is to go for a double lid. Open from each side, no getting into the bed of your truck, to open the box.

Believe my pop's has a DeeZee on his 2010 Silverado, it's nice.
Mine's old, the rivets pulled out on the latches, I replaced rivets with screws.. no problems after that. Hydraulic arms gave out a while ago, replaced with an appropriate sized stick to prop the lid open when needed, lmao.

New gas springs, $33 on ebay.. well worth it IMO.

Last edited:

Horns

Tiff's Wedding Crasher
Reaction score
I would personally get a below the bed rail dewalt box.