My 96 K1500 money pit....er... adventure.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Motorsports-X

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would say thats pretty good.
I agree. I do want to get the diff covers off though and count. I need to change the fluid anyway soon in the front. I had a tranny shop do the rear a year ago alond with new rear brakes but they didnt count like I asked them too.

Nathaniel2g

Rusty Islander
Reaction score
I agree. I do want to get the diff covers off though and count. I need to change the fluid anyway soon in the front. I had a tranny shop do the rear a year ago alond with new rear brakes but they didnt count like I asked them too.

Keep in mind GM allows for 7% difference between actual speed and speedometer readings from the factory. So at 100MPH you should read between 93 and 107MPH.

magimerlin

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
There is no reason to actually count the teeth... the ring gear is stamped with the pinion tooth count and the ring gear tooth count. Divide the ring gear number by the pinion gear number.. there's your gear ratio..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk