Crank No Start

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Schimpfy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So, I am a horrible person and haven't verified my compression or leak down yet.

What I have done is get my ICM tested and it's good after three tests. New plug wires and cap and rotor. A lot of my issues have vanished. I'm still getting a major stumble under load and I will test the compression and leak down sometime this week as I'm waiting for my helper to become available.

Something I noticed is an exhaust issue. I already knew that I needed to get a new muffler because it's completely rusted out. What I found last night is that the pipe from the right manifold to the catalytic converter is broken clean through. This isn't something I've come across yet, but would that lead to any of my misfire issues?

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't expect so. Worst case, you'd hear them more obviously; and maybe you'd get atmospheric O2 coming backwards through the pipe due to reversion, screwing up the O2 sensor reading. That should drive the computer to enrichen the mixture--fuel economy might suffer but I don't think you'd get misfires from that.

Schimpfy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Funny thing now is that the misfire is only showing as a pending code and the engine light never came back on.