couple questions (front end related)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ernjohn

Reaction score
Back in june, I checked the front-end and the upper control arm bushings were a little worn, but not bad and the upper/lower balljoints were tight.

A couple weeks back I greased everything up front and last week went for an alignment before I put new tires on - the guy there checked the front end (while I watched) and found the truck needed to have an upper/lower replaced on one side and the bushings showed a bit more movement than from june. From the looks of 'em, I'd guess they were originals. Today I replaced both upper/lower balljoints and put in new upper control arm bushings on both sides... the lower control arm bushings are still good.

Also found that 2" sch 40 pipe is the perfect size for pressing both the balljoints and bushings in.

y'all think it was the new grease that helped the balljoints move a bit more to show they were worn or was it just coincidence?

the only cv shafts I'd dealt with before used snap-rings so the other question is in regards to the cv shaft bolts(at the flange): clean and dry or loctite?

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
I'm guessing it's just a coincidence and I'd loctite them