Couple issues please help?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Country705

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I love my GMT400 however, there is a couple of things that I need to get to the bottom of. The number one problem I am having is that the gas gauges is completely inaccurate and I have ran out of gas twice as a result. I know that it could possibly be the sending unit but I suspect that the culprit is the gauge it's self. At different times the gas gauge will move from way past full to way past empty without ever being driven and then it will finally come to a stop at the half mark and it will stay there until I run out of gas. Have any of you guys had this problem with the gas gauge being the culprit? what is the best way to fix it? My other issue is the power steering pump is leaking and I can't find where it is coming from. the leak is at it's worse when I am turned to the right and so that leads me to think the leak would be on the right side however, I am not finding it. Do you guys think the best thing to do is replace the power steering lines and the pump? or try to find and fix what is broken?

Thanks in advance for any and all help.

Regards,
John