Coolant sensor and coolant gauge help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JMiller

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
i found another one on the same light harness that is the right colors (green and black) and also proper plug type. I'll start fishing behind the engine to see if it got lost back there

I tried to look where my wires come through the firewall too see if I could find a dark green wire. I couldn't really make out any colors. I have them taped too tight.

black90sport

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
well that is interesting. the bottom picture is over by the passenger side head and that is for my A/C i believe. That wire wouldnt reach all the way over to the knock sensor. Where the hell is my temp sensor for my gauges then. Not sure what is going on now. I was just assuming oh theres a sensor with no wires on it must be the coolant gauge sender.

JMiller

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
My knock sensor and plug. Located in front of starter on passenger side.

You must be registered for see images attach

black90sport

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Possible that our trucks are different or that someone put the wrong type of sensor there? Like I said since i have owned the truck i never remember the coolant gauge working proper.

black90sport

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I would love to see pictures of another vehicle as well to see if i can figure anything out from it. At this point im more lost than when i started haha.