converting oil fliter housing on 98 1500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

way2nutz4me

Reaction score
i have a 98 chevy 1500 and I am replacing the engine with another 5.7 but it is from a 96 or 97. the issue I am having is the new motor has a horizontal oil filter but the current set up is vertical. is there an adaptor to convert it to the vertical? any help would be great , thanks.

magimerlin

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i have a 98 chevy 1500 and I am replacing the engine with another 5.7 but it is from a 96 or 97. the issue I am having is the new motor has a horizontal oil filter but the current set up is vertical. is there an adaptor to convert it to the vertical? any help would be great , thanks.
Yes there is... I've posted it in just about every "my oil cooler lines leak" thread. I can not remember the part number at the moment though. Mfa350 rings a bell though. Or just take off the one from the 98. They are just held on by a couple bolts.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

way2nutz4me

Reaction score
Yes there is... I've posted it in just about every "my oil cooler lines leak" thread. I can not remember the part number at the moment though. Mfa350 rings a bell though. Or just take off the one from the 98. They are just held on by a couple bolts.

Thanks, that was my plan just haven't had time to look and see if the bolts line up. do you know if there is a way to plug the extra oil lines?

magimerlin

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks, that was my plan just haven't had time to look and see if the bolts line up. do you know if there is a way to plug the extra oil lines?
Your old one has an oil cooler then I guess? Yes you can take out the quick disconnect and replace them with pipe plugs... but your better of taking the whole adapter off and replacing it with the mfa350 I mentioned earlier. Check out the thread title search I mentioned and you'll find out the filter it takes. Don't worry, it's another Chevy application filter....